7 Steps to Your Perfect Blonde Curly Hair
Something I get asked a lot is how to get perfect blonde curls. Now, you may or may not be aware, that blonde curly hair needs its very own strategy. So here I’ve listed the essential seven steps for you.
Follow these steps and you’ll never have another bad hair day!
FOLLOW THESE STEPS AND YOU’LL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER BAD HAIR DAY!
- Get the perfect cut for your curly blonde hair. Often it’s best to have your hairstylist use a blunt cutting technique to help control the frizz and weight. This can be achieved without your hair being heavy on the ends. Very carefully placed layers (that enhance your face shape of course) will encourage the curl to bounce and stop that dreaded flatness that tends to happen through the top.
- Now, blonde colour is not just blonde colour! Colour creates texture and can make a huge difference to the appearance of your blonde curls. The correctly placed and right tone of blonde will enhance your curls and add texture. Depending on your hair density, this may require heavier foils or different placement.
- Find that right shampoo, conditioner and treatment for your blonde curls is very important, we don’t want anything that is going to weigh your curls down - but we also need to make sure your curls are well hydrated so they can sit best. One of my all-time favourites is the unite 7 seconds range – because of its weightless hydration.
- Using a curl creme that is weightless. Many have weight in them and you don’t always need that and you DON’T want your curls to look product-loaded. To keep your curls in control with a curl crème, my fave is Eleven ‘Keep my curl’ or to add more volume to your curls I add a boosting spray. This makes your curls go wow.
- Curls need love! The more you love your curls the better behaved they will be, take my word for it! Remembering the simple do’s and don’t’s of curl love - towel dry by scrunching the excess water out, no rubbing and turning them into a fizz ball, and no brushing. Even better, get a satin pillowslip to your curls stay in shape while you sleep.
- Air dry or use a diffuser with your hairdryer, if you are air drying don’t touch your hair as its drying, the more you touch, the more you disturb that curl, using a hairdryer always have it on a low speed and medium heat and hold your hair in the diffuser to create more volume.
- Don’t fight the curl- strong curls always win!
Well cared for blonde curly hair is stunning. If you have any questions, please ask - that’s what I’m here for! I want you to look your best!